In today’s workplace environment, WHS holds a heavy precedent in the hierarchy of importance. Job opportunities for WHS officers are often available across multiple areas of construction, from office-based to site-based and everything in between. You may find yourself as a representative, an inspector, managing SWMS, writing and/or improving procedures… the list goes on.
But one thing is common across all facets of this job direction… you are the one who helps keep your mates safe. Because of your hard work, they get to go home to their families at night.
This WHS course is delivered completely via distance education utilising digital textbooks and tutoring via phone and email.
As well as being ideal for those wanting to take up a role as a WHS officer or the like, it is also suitable for labourers, tradesmen, CA’s, Project Managers, Builders and Managers of small to medium size building businesses looking to upskill.
It doesn’t matter if you are a construction veteran or as green as they come, this is one of the best online construction WHS courses for you.
This qualification is prepared by clustering the 10 units into 4 Modules:
- Legislation & Regulations
- Safety Controls for the Personnel
- Safety Controls on Site
- Safety Management
By gaining this qualification, you can gain employment in the following areas:
- Safety Officer
- Health & Safety Representative
The included Core Units of Competency are:
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 – Contribute to the implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
The included Elective Units of Competency are:
- PUAWHS003 – Implement and monitor organisation work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWHS417 – Assist with managing WHS implication of return to work
- BSBWHS418 – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 – Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring process
- BSBWHS431 – Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
If you would like to know more about our BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, or if we can help you with any guidance about your construction OHS career, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us on 1300 855 713 or by filling in the contact form below!