Back to Basics deliver the CPC40120 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) through our unique Distance Education System.
This qualification reflects the role of builders, site managers and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses who apply knowledge of structural principles, codes, standards and legal requirements to Class 1 and 10, to a maximum of two storeys and Class 2 to 9 Type C constructions, and who plan and supervise safe building and construction work, prepare and administer contracts, and who apply quality principles to building and construction projects.
Occupational titles (depending on packaging options selected) may include:
- Construction Supervisor
- Site Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Leading Hand
By completing Back to Basics training program CPC40120 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) you will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- Construction Standards, Building Codes and Compliance
- Quantities, Estimating, and Tendering Procedures
- Site and Safety Management Processes
- Contract Procedures, Management and Business Obligations
Back to Basics is delivering the course in 4 modules.
- Quantities, Estimating & Tendering
- Site Management
- Contract Administration
All BTB’s programs provide:
- RPL at no additional cost.
- Flexible learning arrangements.
- 12- 24 month completion allowance – working only 10-15 hours per week.
- 1 on 1 mentoring with your own personal student support officer over a 5 day week.
- Friendly team where nothing is a problem.
- Opportunity to work with an incredible training organisation who specalise in Building and Construction.
- For over 25 years BTB have been training in construction offering CPD programs, Certificate 4 programs and Diploma programs in construction and safety management.
Units Of Competency
The Units of Competency that Back to Basics Business Training cover are as follows:
CORE UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
Plan building and construction work
Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
Read and interpret plans and specifications
Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
Minimise waste on the building and construction site
Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C buildings
MANDATORY ELECTIVES – GROUP A
Apply project quality management techniques
Select, prepare and administer a construction contract
Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
Select, procure and store construction materials for building and construction projects
Use building science principles to construct energy efficient buildings
MANDATORY ELECTIVES – GROUP B
Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
Arrange resources and prepare for the building and construction project
Lead and manage teams in the building and construction industry
Resolve business disputes
Arrange building applications and approvals
Process client requirements
Apply contract law to sales processes
Apply project risk management techniques